The Stone Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dark Elves vs Tomb Kings 3000pts

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hulabell
Admin
Hulabell

Dark Elves vs Tomb Kings 3000pts Empty
PostSubject: Dark Elves vs Tomb Kings 3000pts   Dark Elves vs Tomb Kings 3000pts EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 6:53 am

What a crazy match very enjoyable to watch, Darren was very unlucky!

Dark Elf Victory!

Darren's deploys first, and also chooses to go first. His first turn was MENTAL. He uses the Ark in the magic phase, which casts with irresistable force! Cheryl takes 4 wounds after loosing the leadership test, and the spell fails to jump. Miscast is resolved with a roll of a 3/4 (I think?) Dimensional Cascade! The Ark dies and unleashes it's souls to wreack havoc! It kills his level 2 wizard and Priscilla! The army's heirophant! The army starts to fade away... starting with 1 chariot and 3 wounds on the Ushabti!

It looked to be a very evenly matched game other than that and a very quick game for 3000pts. It was over by 5! Hydra vs Sphinx ends in a Sphinx victory, but with 1 wound left! It later dies. 1 Harpy managed to run away and survive the rest of the game lol. By turn 4 there was barely any charges/magic or shooting left for either side! The Dark Elves keep plugging away at the units piece by piece leaving Ushabit Bowmen and the Tomb Guard unit, alongside the King of Sting and Bodyguards. Dark Elf wizard managed to kill the king with her shiney black amulet! And she miracoulously survices his curse!

Well played Cheryl! Game would have been longer if Darren hadn't of blown himself up right at the start!

Dark Elves: 2538 (3 points for winning)
Tomb Kings: 1821

Character Outcomes:

Tomb Kings
Priscilla: Died. Rolled Full Recovery.
Thadeus: Died. RIP Thaddy!
King Apollo of Creed: Died. Rolled Serious Injury = -1w and -1t for the rest of the campaign unless healed.

Dark Elves
Loki: Survived no wounds taken = 1pt
Enyo: Survived no wounds taken = 1pt
Khaina: Survived no wounds taken = 1pt

Last edited by Hulabell on Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://thestonewars.forumotion.co.uk
Darren
Admin
Darren

PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves vs Tomb Kings 3000pts   Dark Elves vs Tomb Kings 3000pts EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 11:05 pm

Difficult game for me. When I lost all my magic users in turn 1 it basically mean't I'll be rolling for unstable troops seven times!

Without magic, Tomb Kings really struggle. I had no augments to heal or boost my units, and with Delfs Enternal Hatred it made combat very even with cheryl getting around an 80% hit rate.

I got some enthusiam back around turn 4 when my skeleton horde, Warsphinx and chariots obliterated cheryl's line wiping out her witchelves, spearmen, a war hydra, and harpies in two turns flat. My archers on the right flank made a cheap distraction for the shades and executioners while my unstoppable tombguard ate through her crossbowmen and then killing 19 executioners in the first round of combat between both elite units.

It was short lived when I lost a lot of points failing leadership tests which is what killed the sphinx, the catapult, some chariots and a shitload of skeletons.

It's a good victory for cheryl, though we all agreed it would have been a totally different game if my mages hadn't died in turn one.

Things I need to remember:

Fear tests
The King has Glittering Scales! -1 to hit him in close combat... fool!
Fear tests
BSB gives re-rolls...
Fear tests
Back to top Go down
Darren
Admin
Darren

PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves vs Tomb Kings 3000pts   Dark Elves vs Tomb Kings 3000pts EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 11:06 pm

Oh yeah and Pricilla is hard as nails. ANOTHER full recovery! Razz
Back to top Go down
Darren
Admin
Darren

PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves vs Tomb Kings 3000pts   Dark Elves vs Tomb Kings 3000pts EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 11:32 pm

Okay... Just been to Games Workshop, explained what happened, and they laughted at me. Not because I'm unlucky, but because none of us remembered the rules on 'Innate Abilities'.

The castket is NOT a bound spell, it is an Innate Ability which according to the rule book DOES NOT roll on the miscast table. If I misscast it simply means nothing happens. I was wrong to assume it died and wrong to roll for unleashed souls.

Argh!
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves vs Tomb Kings 3000pts   Dark Elves vs Tomb Kings 3000pts EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 7:58 am

Also, Eternal Hatred is against High Elves only. She wasn't cheating again was she? Razz

Sounds like it was a good game. Dark elves steam rolling back into the leader boards!
Back to top Go down
Darren
Admin
Darren

PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves vs Tomb Kings 3000pts   Dark Elves vs Tomb Kings 3000pts EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 8:01 am

Nah, normal hate applied throughout the game. No cheating unless you count 175 points for a monster with 4+ armour save, 4+ regen, 5W, 7A and so on Razz...
Back to top Go down
Morathi

Morathi

PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves vs Tomb Kings 3000pts   Dark Elves vs Tomb Kings 3000pts EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 8:31 pm

The Druchii CHEATING? How dare you!

It was my Druchii stare that frigthened the funny bone squad.

all part of my plan.

no, really, it was, honest. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves vs Tomb Kings 3000pts   Dark Elves vs Tomb Kings 3000pts Empty

Back to top Go down

Dark Elves vs Tomb Kings 3000pts
Page 1 of 1